FTRP - The Way of the Mages!
Hi there user browsing this forum. We have one small favor we wish for you to do; join the site. If you do that and can get others to join, we will be able to give all our users more events and contests and much more. With your help, we can all enjoy Rping together!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi there user browsing this forum. We have one small favor we wish for you to do; join the site. If you do that and can get others to join, we will be able to give all our users more events and contests and much more. With your help, we can all enjoy Rping together!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Magic/Spell Rules

Go down

Magic/Spell Rules  Empty Magic/Spell Rules

Post by Shin Katari Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Different Kinds of Magic:

***YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE YOUR MAGIC ONCE AND THAT IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT ROLE-PLAYED WITH THAT CHARACTER!!!***

There are certain rules that everyone including I must follow. Magic and spell rules are one of those. Your magic cannot be too Over Powered to the point that know one can beat you. Your spells must be reasonable as well meaning they can't be too Over Powered. The rest is down below:

In the world of Fairy Tail, there is a large variety of different magics. Each magic is unique and here is the list of them:

Caster Magic:
is Magic that is expelled from the body as opposed to Magic done through the use of a weapon or outside source.

Holder Magic:
is Magic that requires a Mage to use an external source to produce the Magic. It usually requires the use of Magic Power, though there are some exceptions that some items that are powered by Lacrimas.

Lost Magic:
is a type of Magic that has been obliterated from the history of the world due to their immense power and the sheer gravity of their side effects. However, users of such Magic still exist, though the Magic itself is believed to be extremely rare.

Re-quip mages can consider themselves "special" in a way that they are allowed to create 2 starter items (1 weapon and 1 set of armor). Neither can have any magical ability and they have to be the same rank as you. The template for the re-quip mages will be in the Weapon and Armor creation.

These mages will be allowed to make more weapons further on they rank up, BUT they will cost a certain amount of jewel to take out.

Celestial Spirit Magic:
A Magic in which the user summons Celestial Spirits by opening their gates through the use of Keys. These Keys are separated into two classes: the more common Silver Keys and the rarer Gold Keys.

There can only be 12 Celestial Spirit Mages, every mage will have one Golden Key when they start their journey. Silver Keys can be bought later, however Golden Keys can only be received from another Celestial Spirit Mage.

NOTE* Some magic will not be allowed for instance, Chaos Magic is OP and therefore will not be allowed. Others will be posted in the Banned Magic List.

There is a MP bar that tells you how much magic you have:
D-Rank: 100 Magic
C-Rank: 150 Magic
B-Rank: 200 Magic
A-Rank: 250 Magic
S-Rank: 300 Magic
X-Rank: 350 Magic

Additional Magic Space maybe bought from the shop or achieved in an event or contest.

The reason for having a MP bar is so that you can use spells. Each spell has a certain cost that is need to activate:
E-Rank: 5 (No Damage, non-combat spells)
D-Rank: 10 (Light Damage, not powerful)
C-Rank: 20 (Moderate Damage, slightly powerful)
B-Rank: 30 (High Damage, can paralyze an opponent, causes recoil damage)
A-Rank: 40 (High Damage, can paralyze an opponent, causes recoil damage)
S-Rank: 50 (Exceptional Damage, very powerful, able to destroy vast amount of land)

Spell Rules

You can only start of with 5 spells:

D-rank starter: 2 E-rank and 3 D-rank

You can learn up to one spell higher then your mage's rank. Example, If I were a D rank mage, I could only learn up to C rank spells. The same applies for the rest.

After you have chosen your five starter spells, you must purchase all your spells after meaning if I was a D-rank mage and had learned all my spells and wanted to learn a new D-rank spell, I would have to create it and then purchase it. The same applies for a spell to rank up. If you have a D-rank spell and you want it to get stronger, you must upgrade it and then purchase it. For example, if I have a D-rank spell, I then must create the updated version in the "Spell Training" and my spell into becoming a higher ranked spell. Once your have trained your spell, you cannot use the previous ranked version of the spell. Example, if you ranked an E-rank spell into a D-rank spell, you would no longer be able to use the E-rank spell.

Down below is the template used for spells:

Name: (What is the name of your skill or spell? What is it called?)
Magic Cost: (How much Magic is being depleted from your mana pool to use this skill or spell? How much does it cost?)
Requirements: (What do you need in order to use the skill or spell? Are their any
special requirements unique to your character?)
Class: (What is the spell used for? Offense, Defense, Supplementary)
Element: (What element is the spell? It is suggested and may be required to only use elements that your character knows and got approved to use.)
Effect: (What exactly does the spell or skill do? How does it help you? Explain in great detail the effects, advantages, as well as any disadvantages of the spell. Details are the key to a fast approval.)
Magic Circle: (Put the color of your magic circle here for when you activate a spell. Describe how it looks.)
CD: (CD=Cool-down period)
Dur: (Dur=Duration period)

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (What is the name of your skill or spell? What is it called?)
[b]Rank:[/b] (What is the rank of your spell or skill?)
[b]Magic Cost:[/b] (How much Magic is being depleted from your mana pool to use this skill or spell? How much does it cost?)
[b]Requirements:[/b] (What do you need in order to use the skill or spell? Are their any
special requirements unique to your character?)
[b]Class:[/b] (What is the spell used for? Offense, Defense, Supplementary)
[b]Element:[/b] (What element is the spell? It is suggested and may be required to only use elements that your character knows and got approved to use.)
[b]Effect: [/b](What exactly does the spell or skill do? How does it help you? Explain in great detail the effects, advantages, as well as any disadvantages of the spell. Details are the key to a fast approval.)
[b]Magic Circle:[/b] (Put the color of your magic circle here for when you activate a spell. Describe how it looks.)
[b]CD:[/b] (CD=Cool-down period)
[b]Dur:[/b] (Dur=Duration period)

(Credits of the spell template go to www.fairytailrp.com

NOTE* If you are upgrading a spell, you can only upgrade it so that it is one rank higher then it's original rank that it started off with.

To learn/create new spells:
E-Rank: 5,000 Jewel
D-Rank: 10,000 Jewel
C-Rank: 20,000 Jewel
B-Rank: 40,000 Jewel
A-Rank: 80,00 Jewel
S-Rank: 160,000 Jewel

To level up in rank for spells:
E>D-Rank: 3,000 Jewel
D>C-Rank: 6,000 Jewel
C>B-Rank: 12,000 Jewel
B>A-Rank: 24,000 Jewel
A>S-Rank: 48,000 Jewel
Shin Katari
Shin Katari
Admin

Character sheet
Mana Bar:
Magic/Spell Rules  Left_bar_bleue0/0Magic/Spell Rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Item List:

https://ftrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down